So, today was the first day of my senior year. Since your senior year is supposed to be this huge, momentous thing, I decided that I should probably blog about it. I don't really know where to start, though. So, if this blog seems completely unorganized and it seems like I'm just rambling on ...it's probably because I am. So. Here it goes:
Bed around 2am + alarm set for 6:25 = the perfect combination to start off my senior year with. Josh text me around 6:20something this morning and woke me up with a "good morning, beautiful :)" text. When I heard my phone ding and realized my room was still pitch black, I momentarily wanted to stab whomever texted me in the middle of the night. ...aaaand then I realized it was the morning already as my alarm went off about 2 minutes later. So, no worries, Joshua was in the clear this time. Hahaha. So, after realizing it was time to get my lazy ass out of bed, I did just that -- after numerous attempts, may I add. I then proceeded to shower, do my hair, makeup, ect. Blah blah blah, you know the drill.
My morning routine wasn't any different from any previous school year, but for some reason, it felt different this time. I guess because it sort of was different. Walking into school felt ...well, better. I guess because I knew I was finally at the top again, finally the oldest again... I don't know. I guess I just didn't feel any of the insecurities that I had in the previous years. I don't really think that had very much to do with the fact that I was oldest, though. I think it was just... I don't know. I sort of feel like since Dre and I broke up, I've lost most of my insecurities. I guess most of them came from me trying to live up to his expectations, though. But since we've broken up, I've felt... I don't know. So much more free and so much more CONFIDENT. I feel like this summer was sort of a transformation period for me. Like I finally had the freedom to grow into my own skin and just be ME. Me and only me, not the me anyone else wants me to be. And I think Josh helps with that, too. I guess because when I'm around him, I don't feel any pressure to meet any of his standards. I feel like I can just be ME around him, and that's okay. And having that positive influence in my life, having someone saying "hey, it's okay to be you", is what I've needed for a long, long time. It's what I THOUGHT I had, but clearly, I was wrong.
BUT. Back to senior year. Today was fun, I guess. Everyone was incredibly excited to finally start their last "first day" of school. Sitting in homeroom, you could feel the energy emanating from all of the excited seniors around the room. And, of course, the question on everyone's mind was "So... can we graduate yet?" (as Matt so kindly screamed out in the middle of homeroom). Or, as Matt also so kindly screamed out, "Buy a yearbook? Why the fuck would I buy a book full of people that I don't like?!". Hahahaha. But yeah, homeroom was interesting.
Honors English 4 was pretty legit, although as Ariel and I pointed out, half of the kids in that class need to gtfo. Seriously. If U tLk LyK dIs, then you shouldn't fucking be in Honors English 4, and especially not the Honors English 4 that corresponds with AP LIT. Gtfo if you can't spell, because my ass is not sitting on a carpet square because a couple of dipshits want to take up desk space and waste oxygen. No. Just no.
Mmm, AP Physics was alright. I can already tell our class is going to become a little family. Mr.Ward is pretty quirky and since I sit in the front, I can't really text, which sucks. But I sit next to a really smart Korean kid, so that's a plus. AP Stat was whatever, and my online classes were... uh, well. We didn't really start them today. Instead, Tessa, Ariel, Aryn, and Sacha walked around looking for Mrs.Bartlett to get our textbooks, ask about early release IDs, get my schedule changed so I didn't have to sit in student services for a second longer, anddd to get away from the NCVPS guy in the computer lap. ...Uhm, Mr.MCVPS guy? Being hired to be our babysitter for the first week while we can't leave does not make you important. Asking Tessa, Aryn, Ariel, Sacha and I if we have over a 3.0gpa to qualify for unofficial release was rather insulting, but also comical. Are you serious? You said 3.0 like it was a feat. Like you didn't think we'd long surpassed that. Ha. Hahaha. Seriously, you deserved it when Tessa burst out laughing in your face. You just can't ask us those kinds of questions, man.
Anddd after that, my school day was over. Day 1 of senior year: complete. Only another 184 to go, apparently. I'll probably blog again sometime soon (provided that I have internet) since hurricane Irene seems to be headed our way this weekend and the bridge leading off CB will likely be shut down. Anywaysss, that's it, I guess.
Day 1: complete.
Let's knock the other 184 out ASAP.
Ready, set ...GO.
lovelovelove,
Morgan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment