The title of this blog is actually slightly decieving, as it is actually the 7th of January. But since I'm going to be writing about the 6th, I aptly named the blog as such.
Anyways.
So, yesterday, Josh and I hung out. Now, I'm not going to explain every minute detail of the day to you. I'm not even going to tell you what we did all day because it would take much too long to explain. But I will say this: it was a bit of a surprise. I'm not quite sure how it came about, or even why. Some things just... do, y'know? And it's slightly nerve-wracking to think about it like that. That things just... happen. But I like to think that it's more than that. That some things happen for a reason. Now, I suppose the reason depends on how you view the situation, but I know how I view things, so I have my reason (or reasons). And in a strange way, I'm sort of glad the night ended the way it did, as absolutely and ridiculously frustrating as it was. I mean, it could have been worse. So, I'd prefer to take the lesser of two evils. And perhaps I should give it a tad more thought, y'know? I mean, I'm okay now. And I probably will be okay with it. I suppose I'm just nervous about the future and how it could potentially impact me (in more than one manner). I suppose I'm fearful of regret, but at the same time, I don't really believe that I'll regret anything. At least, if anything, I am reassured by the fact that things are different now. That all of the things I had to worry about and fear in the past no longer exist. And that gives me peace of mind.
I'm sure this doesn't make much sense to anyone who doesn't know what I know. And I don't particularly intend for it to make much sense. Nobody even reads these blogs anymore, anyways. So I suppose this thing has become sort of a diary to me. A safe haven for my thoughts. Plus, I find it intriguing that I can record the present, which soon enough becomes my past, for me to remember in the future. It's all interconnected, I suppose. It's all relative. Like the theory of relativity and all of those AP Physics kids who would understand my joke if they ever were to find and read this blog, which is highly unlikely. I honestly don't think many people know that this blog exists, and I sort of intend to keep it this way. I enjoy having my own little piece of the world wide web. It's oddly comforting, much like many other things in my life.
I find it odd that I'm even writing about this. All of this. I'm sure it has the potential to embarrass some people and horrify others. But I mean, this is my life. And when I'm old and senile, I'm sure I'll find comfort in remembering times like these. The awkward moments of my life. Those "This is so typical of my life" moments. Those "...are you kidding me..." Moments. They're awkward and horrifying and ridiculous and just so... beautiful. In a way that is ridiculous, because they're so typical of my life. And me. And sometimes, I just can't help but laugh about them.
-MNM

No comments:
Post a Comment